August Rush was recommended by my sister-in-law. It stars Keri Russell and the guy from The Tudors-Johnathan something-or-other. It was sooooo good and totally gets a "go out and buy this now." This surprised me because at first I didn't like it. It was about this kid in an orphanage-type place who was convinced his parents were coming back for him. He heard music in every sound. Flashback 11 years and you see Keri as a concert cellist and Johnathan as a guitarist in his rock band. They meet at a party, have an amazing night together and never see each other again. She finds out she's pregnant, gets into an accident and is told by her father the baby died (he thought the baby would ruin her career). It's only on his deathbed that he confesses the baby lived and she goes looking for him. Robin Williams also stars, but he doesn't play a very nice man in this movie. Eventually Mom, Dad and son find themselves together in Central Park. A predictable ending but extremely heart-warming to watch unfold. Loved this movie and it was worth the wait. I say it was worth the wait because this was the only movie to date Netflix screwed up on me. The said it was sent to me and returned to them on the same day. On the right-hand side of their web page is a little Your Account/Help button. I clicked on that, clicked on August Rush and clicked on the button that said it wasn't received. They put it back on my queue and I had it two days later, in time for weekend viewing. It was nice to see this corrected so quickly, however it did offset my whole get two movies/return two movies rhythm. I continue to find Netflix easy to use and customer-friendly.
Confessions Of A Shopaholic....was ok. I'm glad I watched it on-line instead of waiting for the DVD to come. The movie's exactly like the title. A girl is $16,000 in debt due to her obsession with shoes and clothes. It all comes to a head when the magazine she was working at suddenly closes. She's been trying to get into Elite magazine forever, but the only one of their subsidiaries that's hiring is a money magazine. She gets a trial there and eventually takes care of her bebt and finds love. It was cute, but not going on my "get this" list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment