Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Deadliest Catch Season 1-3

This was my first foray into online viewing. I've caught episodes of this show here and there and was anxious to see the entire season. What's handy about this feature is that I can watch something I like while using my TV to transfer over Monday Night Raws onto DVDs for my brother-in-law. Or while my husband watches one of his shows, which I rarely have any interest in.

The first half of Season 1 is about the Red King Crab season, which takes place in October. The second half is about the Opi season that takes place in January. Here we meet the staples of seasons to come-the crews of the Northwestern, the Time Bandit and the Cornelia Marie (so sad about Phil Harris!). We also meet some other crews, including hottie Blake Painter of the Maverick! You gotta give props to these guys. I wouldn't do what they do. And suddenly $30 for some legs doesn't seem like too much. Glad I took the time to watch this and love the online feature, but must make mental note to myself to swirl the mouse around every once in a while so the screensaver doesn't kick in.

Season 2 brought more of the same, but a ship and lives were lost and a dramatic rescue was caught first hand.

Season 3 saw some changes. Blake was captaining the Maverick and under-estimated their haul by almost 5,000 lbs. He didn't come back for Opi season and I'm currently watching season 4 and they aren't one of the featured boats. The Time Bandit pulled a guy out of the water and everyone was catching crab like crazy. There was a drawback to this season. For whatever reason Netflix did not have episodes 3 and 4, which basically amounted to missing half of the King crab season. Still, we got to see more of the guys senses of humor in this season and I'd totally hang out with them-off their boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment